No one captures the essence of the beach better than Zac Brown Band
Toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand, life is good today
And life is good today, and always! Memorial Day Weekend kicks start summer (in my book anyways), which means nothing short of a shopping spree. Today I picked out my beach essential items, and some pieces I have been eyeing up!
- Having a sun hat is a necessity to anyone who burns easily, or to anyone who just wants to be fashionable. There are so many great places to purchase sun hats for cheap, like tj maxx, target, kohls, etc. However, my go to store for a more dramatic and luxurious piece is Nordstrom. The two hats I have featured here are definitely quite expensive, but come on, how cute?!
- Everyone knows a beach tote is essential to carry your random knickknacks you just need to have on the shore (leave-in conditioner, comb, sunscreen, chapstick, etc.) and there are a million different styles and trends. Sunnylife has anything and everything you could dream of for your beach endeavors, and the pineapple tote I found is to die for – so freaking cute! If you like the more traditional straw tote, this one adds a twist with bright colors and trendy tassels.
- No matter your taste in fashion, sunscreen is universally flattering. To be completely honest, I don’t care what brand I use on my body as long as the SPF is waterproof. For my face, I am very particular to avoid breakouts and greasy skin. My absolute favorite face lotions are by La Roche and Shiseido. They give great coverage with SPF50+ and don’t damage my skin.
- Sunnies are my favorite beach accessory; with so many different styles, colors, and brands, my collection continues to grow. I’ve had my eye on Quay Australia for ages, and this classic pair is so affordable. For a luxurious option, Dior kills it with a bright yellow, geometric option. I would never wear a high end brand on the beach and risk it getting scratched by sand, but would rock these around town.
- Of course, when you’re on vacation at the beach, you need swimsuits. Since you’ll be wearing this laying out or walking around, I always like to purchase trendy options, and this year I’m looking for high-waisted and one piece suits. Cupshe offers plenty of on-trend pieces at affordable prices, but I’ve never purchased from this company so I can’t vouch for its quality. The yellow suit from Revolve is so hot, and the straps on the back just make it!
What do you think of my beach essentials list? What do you consider a necessity?
Until next time,